- AgrifoodBiz is the portal and B2B Marketplace showcasing ag-biotechnology. The site features agbiotech news, agbiotech event calendars, resources for researchers and entrepreneurs, tools, etc.
- BioSpace possibly the best news site for Biotechnology. The link brings you directly to a news selection for AgBio
- BioWorld worldwide biotechnology news and information centre (requires subscription)
- Bio.com on-line forum and information source for the life sciences community.
- BioExchange has added multiple information threads to their news section including the latest in information on bioterrorism, human cloning, proteomics, stem cells, and GMOs
- Crop Biotech Update. A weekly summary of world developments in agri-biotech for developing countries, produced by the Global Knowledge Center on Crop Biotechnology, International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications SEAsiaCenter (ISAAA), and AgBiotechNet
- Very extensive list of scientific meetings and conference announcements.
- ASPB American Society for Plant Biologists (formarly ASPP, renewed site)
- BioVision World Life Sciences Forum BioVision monthly newsletter
- CABI CAB International is an international, intergovernmental, not-for-profit organization established by a treaty-level Agreement among its Member Countries with emphasis on agriculture, forestry, human health and the management of natural resources (plus Electronic Abstract Service)
- CIMMYT International Wheat and Maize improvement centre (member CGIAR)
- CIRAD is a French scientific organization specializing in agricultural research for the tropics and subtropics of the world.
- EBNIC European Biotechnology Node for Interaction with China
- EFB European Federation of Biotechnology (combines all european national societies on biotechnology)
- EIARD, European Information Services on Agricultural Research and Development
- EMBL Heidelberg, European Molecular Biology Lab
- EPBN European Plant Biotechnology Network (initiated by the Plant Industrial Platform and AMICA)
- EPSO European Plant Science Organisation
- EU industrial Platforms a complete list of European Industrial Platforms
- Europa-Bio industry platform for biotechnology promotion (catalyst for Life Sciences business, regulatroy affairs, etc.)
- FAIP, farm animal industrial platform
- FAO Food and Agricultural Organization
- FESPP European Society for Plant Phsyiology
- GeneWatch UK, very thorough database on anything related to GM crops
- GIBiP green industry biotechnology platform (focus on regulatory developments, harmonizationof standards, biosafety protocol)
- Holland Biotechnology (dutch portal)
- IFPRI International Food Policy Research Institute
- ILSI The International Life Sciences Institute is a nonprofit, worldwide foundation established in 1978 to advance the understanding of scientific issues relating to nutrition, food safety, toxicology, risk assessment, and the environment.
- ISPMB International Society for Plant Molecular Biology
- Jstor Archives of scientific journals in downloadable formats
- NF-2000 Network non-food agro-industrial research information network
- OECD Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development databse on world-wide field trials, links to national agencies
- Sefabar, (Sustainable European Farm Animal Breeding and Reproduction) is a thematic European research network that aims at finding sustainable, economically sound and accepted breeding scenarios for ruminants, pigs, poultry and farmed fish.
- TIGR, Institute for Genomic Research, indexes and search engines for large number of genomic programs.
- 123genomics One stop location where one can find most of the freely available internet resources related to genomics and bioinformatics.
- AccessExcellence, educational site run by National health Museum, (pharma oriented)
- AgBioForum quarterly magazine which publishes short, timely, articles on the economics and management of agricultural biotechnology.
- AgBiotechNet - access to information on genetic engineering, in vitro culture, biosafety, intellectual property rights and other key issues in agricultural biotechnology.
- AgBios (Canadian Agriculture and Biotechnology Strategies Inc.) This site contains a complete list of plants with novel traits that have received regulatory approval in one or more countries. Includes phenotypic and genetic trait, 1st planting year etc.
- Agrar Net - search-engine on german agriculture
- Agrolink - Brazilian information site on agriculture
- Arabidopsis 2010, direct link to Arabidopsis 2010 project PDF file.
The Multinational Coordinated Arabidopsis thaliana Functional Genomics Project, Beyond the Whole Genome Sequence.
- Berkeley, excellent slide presentation to explain genetic engineering for a general audience (prepared by Peggy Lemaux)
- BetterFoods, Web Site Launched On Benefits Of Food Biotechnology
- Bioportfolio - the gateway to biobusiness jobs, stocks, directories, promotional tools and more .....
- Bioportfolio search engine a biotechnology, pharmaceutical and
life science search engine and alert service
- Bioportfolio jobcentre - pharmaceutical and life science jobs database
- Biotechnology Information Resources USDA start site from US Dept of Agriculture to many relevant links
- Biotechnology in Ireland the Irish hub for biotech
- BiotechKnowledge.com is an evolving collection of news items, technical reports, fact sheets, speeches and other useful documents, in many languages. Aimed at a journalist, a regulator, a retailer, a consumer activist, an academic or simply curious, sponsored by Monsanto.
- BioWire free online community where scientists share findings, submit product reviews, etc.
- CheckBiotech is an Internet platform sponsored by Syngenta. The aim of this platform is to provide trustworthy and up-to-date information on agricultural biotechnology and thereby to contribute to an open debate.
- Entransfood 5th Framework EU project for European Network for Safety Assessment of Genetically Modified Food Crops
- FoodFuture, consumer-oriented site from the Food & Drink Federation
- IFIC Intern. Food Information Council: mission to communicate science-based information on food safety and nutrition to health and nutrition professionals, educators, journalists, government officials and others providing information to consumers.
- CSPI The nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest provides information about the links between hundreds of scientists -- mostly in the fields of nutrition, environment, toxicology, and medicine -- and corporations.
- HTscreening.Net high throughgput screening information site
- LIFT linking innovation, finance & technology. Help in developing business plans, start-ups, spin-outs etc. free of charge.
- Keoz6 Science Vertical Portal
- Monsanto background (info site on biotech developments
- Plantstress news, announcements, events, original articles, a reference database, files and presentations, biotech issues, more than 400 web resources and a bulletin board.
- Straight Talk about Biotechnology Straight Talk provides information about biotechnology in an environment that encourages open discussion. The site includes a newsroom that is updated each day. Although Straight Talk is sponsored by DuPont, the site is educational, not commercial.
- WhyBiotech.com, a joint site from the big Life Science Companies (Monsanto, DuPont, DowChemical, Novartis) to explain the opportunities of biotechnology to balance the information from Greenpeace, consumer organizations etc.
- The World Food RD Ltd's function's is to dessiminate knowledge and information on findings and perspectives, news, information, events etc. worldwide.
- EPO European Patent Office (all issued and published EPO patents, needs Adobe Acrobat reader for downloads)
- Esp@ce Electronic Storage of Patent Applications (EPO)
- Delphion user friendly patents search site (full US patents, european patent titels only, but charge for downloads)
- PCT Patent Cooperation Treaty (world patents)
- pl-x.com patents & license exchange, external valuation of your patents, internet trading place.
- US PTO US patent and trademark office (all issued US patents, full text versions at no charge)
- Yet 2Come, internet trading place for patent licences
e-commerce for lab supplies
- Bioropa.com internet-based ordering platform for research labs (Germany)
- Bio-world.com, internet-based ordering platform for molecular tools and laboratory essentials (USA)
- CortecNet internet-based ordering platform for research labs (France)
- e-Labs Europe one stop shop to search for and purchase laboratory supplies over the web, also auctionplace for 2nd hand equipment
- Labworld-Online delivery in Europe, over 100 suppliers
- SciQuest, still limited to deliverey in USA, but major suppliers (e.g. Amersham Pharmacia) involved.